Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tortured by the Police

In the night of Journey 1, 2014, I went out of room to an open field around 11 pm  to answer the call of nature. It was foggy night. At the time of returning to my room, I mistankenly entered the shed of my neighbour, named Ram Milan Chamar. At the same time , his son Sarbajit also came out to answer the call of nature. He saw me and shouted as if I was thief. people came out and mobbed me. Someone from the villagers, phoned the nearby Odbaliya Police Office, following  which sub-Inspector Surya Man Gurung and police constable Raj Kishor aka pandit came there.  Without enquiring about the incident, the police ordered me to put off my clothes. The police treated me as if I was thief and was made to wear only my underwear. Both the opponents beat me mercilessly for half an hour.
The Police then took me to the Odbaliya Police Office and on the way to the Police Office, they asked me for a bribe of RS.25,000. The police told me that if I gave them the said amount they would let me flee to India and in 10-15 days they would fix the papers at the Police Station. When I denied to pay them a bribe, they threatened me to send me to jail. They cuffed both of my hands and paraded me around my village, phulbaniya and odabaliya chowk till the morning. I was taken to the police station and was tortured  mercilessly. I was due  beated by police constable Pandit for 20 minutes with a bamboo stick. The police injured my toe of the right leg. My whole body aches and have swelling on my body due to the torture inflicted by the police on me. The police tortured me for money, because, they again asked me to pay Rs.5,000. Again I denied to pay them a bribe. The police then took me to the police station at Marchbar an January 2. A sub-Inspector there called the son of Ram Milan Chamar and asked the fact of the case. Ram Milan's son told him that nothing had been stolen from his house and after that the police released me at around 5pm the same day.s
                                   
                                                                                                        Applicant
 
                                                                                             Ram Bhajan Ahir














No comments:

Post a Comment