Friday, April 18, 2014

Singal woman facing problem in acquiring Citizenship

Makhana Gadariya,72 resident of Rishwa VDC-5 Kapilvastu, filed a writ of mandamus in the appellate court, Butwal  seeking Nepali citizenship. She is a single woman. During her wedlock she never felt the necessity of Citizenship. As we know, the death of husband opens the floodgate of miseries in Nepalese women's life. Makhana's husband was died in  1978 AD. After his death she came to know about the necessity of Citizenship Certificate when her children started not facilitating with her daily  basics. She claims, "I am not experiencing myself as a Citizen of my own Nation. I am unable to receive any facilities provided by the government. 
Although it is the fundamental and Human Rights of  mine to acquire Naturalized Citizenship as it is enshrined in the  Section 5 of Citizenship Act 2006 and rule 5 (1) of Citizenship Regulation Of Nepal, 2006. I supplicated with the political leaders to help me acquiring citizenship but my all words fall on deaf ears." 

No comments:

Post a Comment